Instead of having a meeting in Mt. Vernon in July, Tyrel and Trish are hosting a family-friendly EV+Solar Party at their house outside of Bellingham. The details are below.
For the most up-to-date information and to RSVP, please use the Facebook event.
Everyone and their families are invited to an EV+Solar Party at the Haveman House! If you have an EV or a solar array, or an interest in either, we’d love to have you over!
All EVs will get to park around our giant solar array for a huge group photo, and some charging options are available (see below).
There’ll be food and lots of people to talk to, and we’ll probably set up the badminton set so kids can play if they want.
Saturday, July 19th, 2014, 1pm to 6pm
This event is a potluck, so please bring something yummy. We will have a fire pit set up for cooking things on, and also have a 100% solar powered oven inside if needed. 😉
You may bring alcohol, but we won’t provide any (we don’t drink so we wouldn’t know what to buy). Keep in mind that there will be kids around, though, and you do have to drive home.
We’re northeast of Bellingham, but close to many EV chargers (and we have on-site charging available; see below).
Our address is:
2892 E Smith Rd
Bellingham, WA 98226
For EVs from south of Bellingham:
- We are 11 miles from the DCQC at Sehome Village (Bellingham)
- We are 9 miles from the DCQC at Wilson Nissan (Bellingham)
- We are 35 miles from the DCQC at Burlington Outlet Malls via I-5, or 36 miles via Highway 9, or 35 miles via Chuckanut Drive
- We are 31 miles from the Burlington Tesla Supercharger via I-5, or 32 miles via Chuckanut Drive
- We are 76 miles from the DCQC at Magic Nissan of Everett via I-5
Directions from I-5:
- Take exit 255 and turn right on to Sunset Dr / Mt Baker Scenic Byway
- Drive for 8.3 miles, and turn slight left on to Sand Rd
- Drive for 1.2 miles to the first stop sign, at E Smith Rd
- Our house is in front of you on the left. It’s yellow.
- Turn left on E Smith Rd.
- Gas/diesel cars park along the side of the road here
- EVs (including plug-in hybrids) turn right past the big red barn (there will be a sign) for parking
From the border crossings, we are 42 km from Peace Arch, 30 km from Aldergrove/Lynden, and 23 km from Abbotsford/Sumas. I’m not going to write out directions for each of these routes — just use Google Maps.
On this map, EVs (including plug-in hybrids) may follow the red line to park by the solar array. All other vehicles may park on the shoulder of Smith Rd as indicated, or in the gravel turn-out kitty-corner to our property.
ON-SITE CHARGING DETAILS
In addition to the chargers on the way here, a few charging options are available at our house.
- One 30A J-1772 EVSE
- One 30A NEMA 10-30
- One 30A NEMA L6-30
I have adapters for 10-30 to L6-30, and L6-30 to 6-50, if needed.
Three 15A NEMA 5-15 outlets on separate circuits
The locations of these plugs are on the parking map above. Please first park your EV by the solar array, for photo ops, then we can move to chargers afterward.
We hope to see many of you there!